.

.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

beaching it


I've been staying at the same condo at Navarre Beach since I was zero. Seriously. It's beautiful, peaceful, and not busy. Just what I love! We left Saturday morning, and the doggies had to be at the Pensacola Pet Resort by 9:30 to check in. We could not wait to get to those white sandy beaches! We ate, swam, enjoyed the beautiful gulf, searched for shells, and relaxed. I wished we were still there and that it would remain beautiful. I'm sure when we go back in July it won't be as beautiful.


On the pier at Navarre Beach. FYI, it's the longest pier in the Gulf of Mexico. We got to watch some fisherman. We saw a sea turtle, a couple of dolphins, several sharks, and some HUGE sting-ray (like same size of a hood of a car).



Shad found me a friend.

Mom, dad, and Shad searching for shells. Mom and Shad were the serious shell hunters. Shad was a little timid after being bit by a crab while shell hunting. The crab grabbed hold of each side of his middle figure...and cut the skin. Eeeeee!

These are a FEW of the shells they found. Gosh, I bet we have a 100, and they were being very selective. I'm going to make something with them. Mom found a HUGE one, but I don't have a picture of it. Shad wouldn't leave until he found a "better" one than hers...so THANK GOD he found the white spiky one! These are all a good size...compare them to the shovel.

No comments: