.

.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Our Baby

I was so sure. I'm glad I don't gamble, because I would have bet it ALL! All on pink. We were nervous as cats waiting, waiting, and waiting to be called back to the sonogram room. Shad and I prepared to hear the news. Girl or Boy. Finally, I heard my name being called, and we knew the wait was almost over. We headed back to the room to watch the miracle on the big screen.

We watched as the tech measured and took pictures to give to the doctor. My mom reminded me the night before to cherish this feeling of wonder, because years from now the feeling of wonder would drift away because the not knowing if it's a he or she would be replaced with our son or daughter. And we would forget that feeling of wonder. So I soaked in the images of the wild movements of our baby.

And then out of the blue the words, "It's a little boy" came from her mouth. I instantly looked to my left at Shad with tears in my eyes. I watched his smile grow bigger and bigger as he glared deeply in my eyes with joy. We watched our little boy stretch his little legs, turn over, and wave his little arms. It was truly amazing. Words can't describe that moment of watching this miracle with the love of my life. Our miracle. Totally magical. I hope I never forget that special moment that we shared.

Below I have a few pictures. I think the tech printed us about 15 different shots of our little boy! Shad will not let me post a "pee pee" picture. He justified his reasons by saying I wouldn't want him to post a picture of my area on the internet...so very true! So NO "pee pee" pic.

Below is a picture of his little feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet!....cherish EVERY THING...every SECOND!

challie west said...

I am so happy for yall - Allie