.

.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tubes

I told Lawson yesterday that he would be getting tubes in his ears and here is his reaction in pictures.

"Handsome, I have some news for you... listen carefully to Mommy."

"Lawson, mommy is serious."


"It's kinda bad, but it will get better."


"You are getting tubes in your ears, and it will make you feel better. We have to be in Laurel at 6:15 in the morning to check in. Lawson, you can't have any food after midnight. I think the worst news is that you can't have your passy after midnight either..."


"It's going to be okay; it's just a few hours without it. You can keep it for now. AND you're going to feel SO MUCH BETTER!"


****** So we get up, get going, and drive to Laurel. Check in, go back, and talk to the doctors.




Lawson did great. They warned us that when he woke up that he would cry a lot. Which he did! They said it was from the anesthetics. The doctor said that his ears were horrible; I've never heard a doctor say something was horrible. So they must have been bad. He said that he didn't see any permanent damage. Lawson's ears drained a lot of gross fluid when we first got to go back to see him- he's gotta feel better! Seven infections in six months is rough. Hopefully, happy days are ahead!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Those facial expressions are so cute. I am glad the surgery went well and he is on the mend. Baby Cait sends her love! And so does Aunt Nauna and Uncle Meanie Pants!

Robbie said...

Love his faces!! Poor baby....I hope he feels better soon!